Monday, March 01, 2010

Summer Seashore Soak

... my favorite bath to soak in during the winter when I am missing the warmth of the sun at the beach and swimming in the salt water.

So I guess my secret is out, one of the things I love to do when I am not designing is soak in the tub. Lots of beautiful designs are the result of lolling in water. I decided to post this recipe because I feel like I have been sharing it a lot with friends lately. If you decide to make the recipe, simmering the Kombu seaweed will make your kitchen smell like the ocean. Taking in deep breaths of the salty air is a bonus to preparing this bath.

The recipe comes from my favorite bath book, The Scented Bath.

2 oz Dried Kombu Seaweed
2 c Sea Salt
1 c Baking Soda, (I use Bob's Red Mill aluminum free)
15 drops Oil of Rosemary (essential oil)
Sea Sponge
Lemon Scented Soap

In a pan with a tight fitting lid, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil, add Kombu and simmer for 20 minutes. When Kombu is almost done, start your bath. Strain and discard the seaweed. Pour the tawny colored seaweed tea into your bath. Add sea salt and baking soda swirling water until all is dissolved. Add 15 drops of rosemary swirling water. Enjoy bath with sea sponge and lemon soap.
Ingredients can be found in health food stores.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!


I would get the book, you won't be disappointed.




No comments: