Saturday, March 07, 2009

A productive day

It was so nice to work with the door open today.

Princess seamed knit top. Chocolate heather brown, fun patterned insets and magenta overlock decorative stitching.

The first panel of a strapless, a-line wedding dress I am working on for Maggie Mistal. Going into NYC Monday to do first fitting. Simple & elegant, maybe a band at the top, possibly a little lace applique. Want to design a whimsical hairpiece that may have a butterfly made out of feathers incorporated into it. Want to hit Tinsel Trading in the city to see what fun stuff they have to design it. Will also be meeting fellow Smashing Darling designer Bob Bland of Brooklyn Royalty. Hope it stays warm for the visit.

6 comments:

Julie said...

That brown top looks perfect for juliedarling. ;) ...and that strip of muslin, well, I have no doubt you will make it into something fabulous!

April said...

I love that you are promoting Indie fashion! Are your clothes available in any Southern California stores? I write for a boutique shopping blog called "For the Love of Boutiquing" and we are also helping local businesses compete against mass production!
Check us out - www.boutiquing.blogspot.com

Mergirl said...

Julie you are so right. That is so a Juliedarling top! Stay tuned I will be posting updates for the wedding dress.

Mergirl said...

April, Thank you for connecting! I sell from my studio in Chester CT and from the website I co-founded www.smashingdarling.com. We created the site so indie designers could broaden their customer base. I want to promote designers like me anyway I can. I left the NYC fashion industry 18 years ago and haven't looked back. I am so happy to see so many other indie designers popping up!

Maggie Mistal said...

Can't wait to see you today Trish! And love, love, love the hair piece idea. You are amazing at what you do!

Mergirl said...

Thank you Maggie. See you in a bit!