Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Calling all designers

I picked up this months British Vogue while in NY last weekend. I love Vogue from other countries. I don't know what has happened to the American market but it is sad. This Vogue has great fun, playful fashion photography in it. Maybe all of the photographs don't make sense to everyone, but that is the beauty. Sometimes it is great to see fashion just being fashion for fashion's sake and not because it can sell a billion pieces at mega-store of the month. I feel like American Vogue is falling victim to the mass machine. Pretty soon it might actually look like a gap catalogue. Any way, another cool thing I found was this ad that says
' Take the place of the big ones', It is for the Mango Fashion Awards. Very cool thing happening in Europe for young designers. That is the other thing I think Europe is so much further along in promoting and helping young indie designers. I hope this movement takes off in the good old USA as well. Hope it warm where you are.

No comments: