Saturday, November 18, 2006

You Snooze, You Lose.

I need to vent a little, shopping at my store is a little different than shopping at some store in the mall. Most of the things I make are 3 of a kind, 2 of a kind, or even one of a kind, if that is all I could make with the fabric I had. There is no back stock or even ordering another peice from another store because I don't have another store. I would like to venture out on a limb and say I bet a lot of indie designers are the same way, so a word of advice to our future customers .
DON'T come in, tell us you like something, then tell us you can't try it on just yet because you have to go to lunch, and that you will be back in later to try it on. You return only to find out that it has sold, and we haven't put it on hold for you and you proceed to make a scene and get pissy. If you want something put on hold you have to say ' can you put this on hold? ' If it is a busy day I always say no. I am not going to pass up a future sale on the off chance you might actually come back and that you are definitely going to buy it. Keep in mind you aren't our only customer. Chances are if you like it 10 other people do too. You shop at stores like mine because you know no one is going to be wearing what you are wearing you have to respect that and take the good with the bad. Know, that, if you walk away from something you like it is a gamble whether it will still be there if you decide to come back.
Remember rule #1 in gambling, only gamble what you are prepared to lose.
If you lose it, that is your fault, not mine.


'

No comments: